In response to the national Belt and Road Initiative, and in order to promote cooperation and exchange between CCSU (Changsha University) and countries along the Belt and Road, we hereby set up the Belt and Road Initiative scholarship to sponsor international students who are interested in full-time Chinese language study in CCSU.
1. Scholarship Coverage
The scholarship will cover registration fee, tuition fee, dormitory fee, fee for basic teaching materials and comprehensive insurance for one academic year. (living expenses are not covered)
2. Application Deadline
May 15, 2023
3. Students Who Apply
Citizens of countries along the Belt and Road who:
① are aged 18 or above;
② have no record of bad behavior;
③ are healthy both psychologically and physically.
4. Application Materials
1. Resume (in both Chinese and English);
2. Application Form of Hunan Provincial Scholarship for Chinese Language Learning Students from the Countries along “The Belt and Road” (see attached);
3. Scanned copy of non-criminal record issued by police station, foreign affairs department in your country of origin or habitual residence;
4. Scanned copy of notarized diploma or certificate of expected graduation of the highest degree attained in Chinese or English;
5. Scanned copies of notarized transcripts in Chinese or English;
6. Application form for international students in CCSU (see attached);
7. Scanned copy of passport
8. Photocopy of Physical Examination Record for Foreigner (see attached). The form needs to be filled in English, and the applicant keeps the original copy for future visa application. The health examination must cover all the items listed in the Physical Examination Record for Foreigner. Incomplete records or those without signature of attending physician, official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The health examination results will be valid for 6 months. All applicants are kindly requested to take this into consideration as they plan to take the examination.
Please send the application materials above to our email
Email:firstname.lastname@example.org the subject line “Belt and Road Scholarship application”
①The scholarship only applies to new students, but not international students who are already studying in China or once studied in Hunan Province before;
②Given the limited seats, the scholarship winners will be chosen on the principle of “comprehensive review and merit-based enrolment”;
③Throughout the academic year (winter and summer vacations excluded), the students who leave China for over 15 days for any personal reason will not enjoy the scholarship during the leave. Scholarships of those who suspend schooling, quit school or receive disciplinary action, will be stopped from the day they suspend schooling, quit school or receive the notice of disciplinary action.
①Incomplete application materials or those not in line with the application requirements will not be accepted;
②Applicants who submit false materials, or if the materials are found not to be filled or submitted by the applicants themselves, will be disqualified;
③Applicants who, for some reason, cannot register in school, should inform the school 15 days before the registration dayin writing and specify the reason. Scholarships of applicants who fail to register without any reason will be cancelled;
④Scholarships will be cancelled for those who cannot pass the health examination in China, suspend schooling or drop out from school.
International Cooperation and Exchange Office of Changsha University
Address: 3022 Changsheng Office Building, 98 Hongshan Road, Kaifu District, Changsha, Hunan, China (Postcode: 410002)
Tel: (86-731) 84261372
Attachment 1：Belt and Road scholarship application
Attachment 2：Changsha University Application Form for Admission
Attachment 3：Foreigner Physical Examination Form